Take Advantage of this seasonal ingredient before its gone: Butternut Squash
It’s end of the season for butternut squash, made a red curry butternut squash soup for Lunch. You could substitute the butternut squash for cauliflower as well.
- 8 c of cooked better not squash=2 large squash.
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 med yellow onion diced
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 4 c chicken or beef bone broth
- 2 15 oz can of native forest coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 c bell Pepper diced
- 4 drops Ginger essential oil or 3 tsp
- 4 drops lemongrass essential oil or 3 tsp
- 2 drops lime or 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp Tumeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Handful of roasted cashews
- Handful of bean sprouts
Put your cooked butternut squash in a food processor and blend well, set aside. In a large pot add your oil, garlic, and onions and sauté for a few min. Add your bell pepper, paste, spices, broth, oils and combine well. Next add coconut milk, butternut squash and salt/pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15-20min. When serving top with shredded carrot, bean sprouts, roasted cashews, cilantro and sriracha if desired.